Showgun Grips - Video Installation Instructions
WE CAN'T EXPRESS ENOUGH HOW IMPORTANT USING HEAT FROM A HAIR DRYER OR HEAT GUN DURING INSTALLATION IS. HEAT ACTIVATES THE ADHESIVE AND ENABLES IT TO MOLD INTO THE TEXTURE OF THE FIREARM. EVEN AFTER REMOVING THE RUBBERBANDS, CONTINUED HEAT AND PRESSING DOWN THE EDGES MAY BE REQUIRED.
1. Remove magazine and all ammunition and ensure the firearm is completely unloaded before proceeding with the installation.
2. Make sure all outer surfaces of the unloaded firearm are clean and free of oil or grease.
3. Before removing the backing paper from the grip kit, hold each piece up to the firearm to see where it will go and how it aligns.
4. Start with the largest of the two pieces that will go onto the grip area of the handgun. Peel decal off of backing paper and apply it to the gun’s grip. Line it up around the mag release and the bottom edge of the frame. Then wrap the rest; aligning the with edges and contours of the firearm. Try to avoid excessive touching of the adhesive-side of the decal grip.
5. Repeat step 5 for the rest of the grip kit. You can peel back up and re-align if need be.
6. Use a hair dryer or heat gun to heat the grip, while pressing down all the edges. This will soften the adhesive and help it to mold into the textures of the gun surface. In colder temperatures longer and closer usage of hair dryer may be necessary.
7. Continue to press down all the edges and into all the contours until the gun cools to near room temperature. Then wrap rubber-bands or a small ace bandage around the frame to hold all the edges and flaps down while the adhesive cures. ALLOW 24 HOURS FOR ADHESIVE TO FULLY CURE BEFORE USING.
Disclaimer: Showgun Grips or its distributors will not be held responsible or liable in any way for any injuries or death, directly or indirectly resulting from the improper use and/or installation of this product.