Decal Grip Sheet Application Instructions
Showgun Grip Material Application Instructions
NOTE: We can't express enough how important the use of a hair dryer or heat gun during installation is. Heat activates the adhesive and enables it to mold into textures of the surface of the object you’re wrapping..
Item needed: Scissors, Hobby Knife, Masking Tape, Thin-Tip Felt Pen
1. If applying to firearms, REMOVE MAGAZINE AND ALL AMMUNITION AND ENSURE THE FIREARM IS COMPLETELY UNLOADED BEFORE PROCEEDING WITH INSTALLATION!
2. Make sure all outer surfaces of the item you are wrapping are clean and free of oil or grease.
3. Tape together some masking tape into a sheet, sized to cover the item in which you intend to apply the grip material to. Place masking tape sheet over your object, trace outlines and taper cuts. Then use scissors and a Hobby knife to trim to fit to the item. See video above.
4. When removing the grip material from the backing paper, be very careful not to allow the adhesive-side to stick to itself.
5. IMPORTANT: When finished, use a hair dryer to heat the material, while pressing down all the edges. This will soften the adhesive and help it to mold into any texture there may be on the surface. In colder temperatures, longer and closer use of the hair dryer may be necessary.
6. Continue to press down the edges and all the recessed contours until it cools to room temperature. Then, if applicable, wrap rubber-bands or a small ace bandage around the object to hold all the edges and flaps of the grip material down while the adhesive cures. ALLOW 24 HOURS FOR ADHESIVE TO FULLY CURE BEFORE REMOVING RUBBER-BANDS.
Disclaimer: Showgun Grips or its distributors will not be held responsible or liable in any way for any injuries or death, directly or indirectly resulting from the improper use and/or installation of this product.