10 Rules of Safe Gun Handling:1. Always Keep The Muzzle Pointed In A Safe Direction.
2. Firearms Should Be Unloaded When Not Actually In Use.
3. Don't Rely On Your Gun's "Safety”.
4. Be Sure Of Your Target And What's Beyond It.
5. Use Correct Ammunition.
6. If Your Gun Fails To Fire When The Trigger Is Pulled, Handle With Care!
7. Always Wear Eye And Ear Protection When Shooting.
8. Be Sure The Barrel Is Clear Of Obstructions Before Shooting.
9. Don't Alter Or Modify Your Gun, And Have Guns Serviced Regularly.
10. Learn The Mechanical And Handling Characteristics Of The Firearm You Are Using.
The basic rules of gun safety:
Hunting and target shooting are among the safest of all sports. This page is intended to make them even safer by emphasizing the basics of safe firearm handling and storage and by reminding you that YOU are the key to gun safety.
You can help meet this responsibility by enrolling in hunter safety or shooting safety courses. You must constantly stress safety when handling firearms, especially to children and beginner shooters. Beginners in particular, must be closely supervised when handling firearms.
Don't be shy when it comes to gun safety! If you observe anyone violating any safety precautions, you have an obligation to insist on safer handling practices!
Take the time to develop safe shooting habits and remember, firearms safety is up to YOU!
MAKE NO MISTAKE ABOUT IT!
Please visit our Firearm Safety Reference page - Click Here